Third Annual Seminole Service Day
Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 22, 2014
Participate in the Third Annual Seminole Service Day with your local Seminole Club or Chapter!
The Lake Seminoles Chapter would like to ask for your participation in the Third Annual Annual Seminole Service Day with your local Seminole Club or Chapter!
Seminole Clubs and Chapters around the country will wear their FSU colors and uphold the Garnet and Gold by pitching in on local service projects in their communities. We are asking that you give of your time, not of your treasure – break a sweat, get your fingernails dirty, and represent FSU to the fullest!
Represent FSU and give back to your community by taking part in the FSU Alumni Association’s Third Annual Seminole Service Day. Join your local club or chapter for the following volunteer opportunities:
Outdoor Projects at Harbor House of Central Florida
Saturday, March 22 | 8:30–Noon
- Seminole Club of Greater Orlando will be volunteering with the Harbor House of Central Florida Women’s Shelter to work on outdoor projects.
- Participants are encouraged to wear garnet and gold attire appropriate for outdoor projects.
- Due to confidentiality, participants will be asked to sign liability and confidentiality waivers on-site.
- For more information or to RSVP, contact Lindsay Walters at 407.455.0555 or Lindsay1129@gmail.com, or visit the club’s website, Twitter or Facebook page.
Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
Saturday, March 22 | 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Lake-Sumter Seminole Chapter will be working at one of three building sites currently under construction in the Lady Lake-area.
- Tasks for the day will be determined by what stage the houses are in at that time but no construction experience is necessary.
- We will know exact locations and more details on what needs to be done at each house a week prior to the event.
- Students 16-17 years old who need service hours are welcome to join, as long as they have a signed waiver and a parent present.
- Volunteers will be required to fill out a waiver form that will be available that day.
- For more information or to RSVP, contact Carleen Shepp at 352.735.5878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the club’s website or Facebook page.
Volunteer with the Dream Center of Lakeland
Saturday, March 22 | 9 a.m.–Noon
635 W 5th St.
Lakeland, FL 33815
- Seminole Club of Polk County will be partnering with the Dream Center of Lakeland for their Annual Street Blitz.
- Volunteer teams will hand out food and clothing, paint, clean, do yardwork and other similar projects.
- RSVP by filling out this form or by contacting Marci Miller at 813.394.7881 or PolkNolesClub@gmail.com.
- For more information, visit the club’s website or Facebook page.
Cleanup for the Runaway Country Music Festival
Saturday, March 22 | 8 a.m.
2500 Parkway Drive
Melbourne, FL 32935
- Brevard Seminole Club is teaming up with Keep Brevard Beautiful to make the 2014 Runaway Country Music Festival at Wickham Park a trash-free event.
- For more information or to RSVP, contact Alexis Haber at 321.591.4973 or email@example.com, or visit the club’s Facebook page.
Visit the FSU Alumni Association website for information about how other Seminoles are giving back in their communities with Seminole Service Day projects planned across the country.